Ms. Teren started her employment law career representing employers in the 1990’s at Paul Hastings, Janofsky & Walker, a prestigious large law firm. Over twenty years ago, right after Ms. Teren launched her own practice representing employees, she and Ms. Sherman litigated against one another in a hard fought highly memorable harassment/retaliation case. After reminiscing at a state bar conference, they have co-counseled, referred and assisted one another on select litigation and transactional matters. Ms. Teren’s highly proficient employee representation and trial experience together with the strength of Ms. Sherman’s strategic defense experience and trial preparation has enabled them to level the playing field.
Labor and Employment Law
Undergraduate: University of California Los Angeles (1985) B.A. Major: Political Science.
Masters: California State University, Fullerton (1987) M.A. in History (while obtaining teaching credentials and substitute teaching at local high schools)
Law School: Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, Ca. J.D. (1990), cum laude and Order of the Coif.
- Admitted to the California Bar in 1990
- Licensed to practice law in California.
- Member of California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- Member of Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Member of the State Bar of California, Labor & Employment Law Section
Accolades & Recognition
- Recognized as a California “Super Lawyer” from 2012-present.
- Identified as a “Top Employment Attorney” by The Los Angeles Daily Journal.
- Recognized as California’s Top Women Attorneys by Los Angeles Magazine 2012-present.
- Achieved a success rate of over 90% in representation of her clients in litigation matters.
- Successfully defeated dispositive motions for summary judgment for 100% of her employment law clients.
- Obtained a verdict for the plaintiff in all but two jury trials.
- In her last five trials, she achieved verdicts in her client’s favor:
- $1,055,236 (sex harassment/retaliation)
- $1,177,440 (sex harassment/retaliation)
- $242,000 (stipulated judgment – wage violations)
- $746,487.37 (wage violations)
- $336,000 (whistleblower retaliation)
Ms. Teren has been designated as an expert in employment litigation.
Prior Law Firm Employment Law Experience
- Paul Hastings, Janofsky & Walker, in Los Angeles, California, in the labor and employment law department, exclusively representing large employers.
- Co-founder of Abrolat & Teren, LLP
- Opened Teren Law Group in October 2008 representing employees in employment litigation and transactional matters.
- Speaker on “Sexual Harassment Update” for the Lorman Business Center
- Speaker for “The Seven Deadly Sins of Sexual Harassment Investigations” for Employment Law Council.
- Panelist on the Employment Law Round Table for the California Lawyer Magazine.
- Panelist on “Independent Contractor or Employee” at the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor Law Symposium on February 12, 2015.
- Panelist on “Settlement Strategies” at the 5th Annual Advanced Wage & Hour Conference presented by the State Bar of California, Labor & Employment Law Section, July 10, 2015.